Your oral health should include annual oral cancer screenings. Every year in America, over 40,000 people are diagnosed with the deadly disease. Early detection is key to ensure the highest chances of success when battling the disease.
Listed below are some of the most commonly found indications of oral cancer:
– Look for evidence of unexplained bleeding that is not easily stopped.
– Check for visible irregularities in your mouth, including eroded areas, patches, rough spots, lumps, and bumps, as well as for sores and lesions that do not heal after 2 weeks.
– Check for evidence of numbness or loss of feeling in the head, face, and neck areas.
– Check for a persistent sore throat or the feeling of a lump in the back of your throat, as well as hitches chewing, speaking, eating, and swallowing.
– Look for streaked patches in your mouth, typically ones that are white and red.
– Dramatic weight loss that is not easily understood could be a sign of cancer.
Contact Calavera Hills Dental at 760-842-5876 to set up an oral cancer screening. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Christopher Layton and our team at our dentist office in Oceanside, California, please contact us at your earliest convenience. It’s never too early to start taking steps to a healthier smile.